6-year-old girl wakes up and feels ‘burning sensation’ – saves her entire family from house fire

Madalyn Karlborn is just six years old, yet she is well-versed in fire safety.

The child’s father has been a firefighter for 17 years, and she only recently learnt about fire safety at her school.

When Madalyn awoke at 2 a.m. with a burning feeling in her eyes and throat and the sound of the smoke detector alarm going off, she knew precisely what she needed to do.

She managed to find her way to her parents’ bedroom, blinded by the smoke that had covered the second story of her house, to rouse her father so he could get them all out of the house.

She yelled “fire, fire!” to wake her father and mother, who were sleeping on the sofa downstairs.

Parent James Karlborn expressed that he sprang out of bed when he heard his kid shouting ‘there’s a fire, there’s a fire,’ then he noticed there was smoke everywhere.

The fire burned all that the family possessed, rendering their house unusable.

However, the family of four, which includes Madalyn’s 2-year-old brother, is happy that they are all safe because of their little girl.

Her mother expressed that her little girl is her angel and she makes her so proud every day.

Madalyn is a strong and intelligent young lady, and her efforts have kept her family safe.

Please share to honour her memory and to inform others of the significance of fire safety.

Former President Jimmy Carter, 97, and Rosalynn Carter, 94, celebrate 76th wedding anniversary

Girl, 8, with autism bakes hundreds of buns to cheer up elderly neighbors – I think she deserves our recognition