Airline puts a 13-month-old baby on a separate flight to her PARENTS

A young couple was terrified when Qantas changed the flight that their 13-month-old daughter was supposed to take, and they then had to wait 20 hours on hold to get it changed.

Before the airline changed the date of their flight from Australia to their home country, Stephanie and Andrew Braham were traveling around Europe with their infant daughter.

The couple was surprised to hear that Qantas had rescheduled their baby onto a flight that was entirely unrelated to the one they had originally planned after finding that their vacation had been canceled.

Even worse, the duo had to wait nearly 21 hours over 55 calls to Qantas’ appalling offshore support center to resolve the problem.

They said that Qantas resisted taking responsibility for the error.

The mother expressed that they claimed as they had booked her a ticket, they hadn’t broken any laws. They at first denied any responsibility. That’s  Qantas.

They made over 55 distinct phone calls to Qantas over the course of a 24-hour period and spent 20 hours, 47 minutes, and 13 seconds on the phone with them before they eventually agreed to book them on new tickets home.

Despite recognizing there are “worse places to be stranded,” the family is now required to spend a significant amount of money on another two weeks of lodging in Rome and they are still anxious to get back to Australia.

Beyond spending almost an entire day on hold, Qantas ultimately consented to put the group on the same flight, 12 days after their original departure date.

They are furious. They should be at home, Andrew remarked.

Perhaps, they’ll succeed eventually in 13 days. They won’t really feel secure, in his opinion, until they board the aircraft and it takes off.

According to a statement provided by Qantas, the airline “sincerely apologizes” to the family and claims that the kid’s automatic transfer to another aircraft was caused by a “backend administrative error” between Qantas and partner KLM.

A spokesperson stated, “They are reaching out to the family to offer assistance and will provide a refund for their lodging.”

They are not the only ones who have issues with the airline, which has drawn criticism for Alan Joyce’s management of the company.

After Qantas separated her and her small kid on flights, another mom turned to social media.

The woman announced on Reddit that she was currently waiting for the famed airline offshore contact center—where customers have complained of wait times of up to seven hours—to resolve the evident problem.

“Qantas just put my three-year-old on an aircraft that is not mine” (his Mum). Is their incompetence ever going to end? She spoke.

They’re attempting to rectify this absurdity right now.

A second lady has pledged never to travel with Qantas again after the company misplaced her bags for a week and then charged her $380 for extra luggage on the return flight.

On July 2, Corrine Olsen and her husband Peter took a flight from Sydney to Bali’s Denpasar Airport.

The airport officials eventually gave them $60, a set of pajamas, and one toothbrush after they waited three hours for a package containing toiletries and other necessities to come.

The pair waited for the package to come over the following few days, however they claim the online monitoring system was broken and there was no phone number to contact.

Five days before their flight back to Sydney was scheduled to depart, their suitcase finally arrived after they had spent a week in Bali.

The pair had now replaced their lost things, but on July 14, when they went to check in for their return trip, they were informed that they would have to pay $380 for 11 kg of extra baggage.

They made an effort to clarify their predicament, but a Qantas staffer said that either they pay or they remain.

Mrs. Olsen, who was stunned, has now vowed never to travel with the airline once more.

She asked, why should she be responsible to pay for additional baggage when they misplaced the luggage?

She was quite dissatisfied on several levels and believed that Qantas was in trouble. She’ll never, ever go on a trip with them again.

Although Qantas promised to pay the Olsens back, it also asserted that the price would have been repaid if they had brought up the matter after they were back in Australia, which Mrs. Olsen said she doubts.

‘They agree that these passengers shouldn’t have to pay for excess luggage in these situations, and they have issued a reimbursement for the additional costs,’ a Qantas spokesperson said.

The word “Joyced” was created by irate Qantas customers on social media as the embattled CEO continues to face criticism from customers who have experienced lengthy delays, cancelled flights, and misplaced luggage.

The TWU and CFMEU have even endorsed the saying as the formerly mighty airline reels from the effects of laying off thousands of employees, altering working conditions, and transferring contact centers overseas.

A frustrated guy wrote, “Just got #Joyced at Perth Airport, one-hour after the airplane arrived and still waiting for my luggage, have to love how wonderfully the priority tag and platinum e tags work so well.”

A lady commented on social media, “Qantas flight from Albury to Melbourne delayed this morning with no explanation…I have been #Joyced.”

The 6:15 am flight was canceled, therefore I was put on the 7 am flight. Another person chimed in, “7:57am and still at the gate in Melbourne #joyced.”

New Australian lingo for delayed flights and misplaced baggage is “joyced,” CFMEU National Secretary Dave Noonan tweeted. He ‘ll be late for the meeting since his flight was Joyced. His luggage was Joyced, so he’ll need to buy some new clothing.

Although Qantas asserts that its services are operating at pre-pandemic levels of effectiveness, consumer dissatisfaction persists.

Authorities have in the meanwhile opened an inquiry into the Qantas pilots’ forced declaration of a mid-air emergency after they nearly ran out of fuel as a result of runway delays at a Western Australian airport.

On Monday, while in the landing line, the pilots of Qantas Flight 933 from Brisbane to Perth issued a “mayday” call to air traffic control when the aircraft was still a few hundred kilometers from its destination.

The Boeing 737 reached Perth’s airspace with an extra 20 minutes of fuel, but owing to a large number of approaching aircraft, it was told to keep a holding pattern.

The pilots were informed by air traffic controllers that they would need to proclaim a mayday in order to receive priority for landing when the wait time reached 16 minutes.

Under a “fuel mayday on descent,” an uncommon emergency condition for pilots, the aircraft finally made a safe landing.

If the pilots had not sounded the mayday, the plane might not have landed with enough fuel on board, as required by law.

The “low fuel occurrence,” which happened 335 kilometers east of the city, above Wave Rock, is currently being looked into by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau.

Due to the amount of gasoline on board, the crew expressed alarm during descent and made a safe landing in Perth. The aircraft’s reserves were unharmed upon landing, it said. A final report will be made public when the inquiry is over.

Share this with your friends by clicking below!

Am I Wrong For Not Continuing The Family Tradition Of Being A SAHM

Today marks Robin Williams’ 71st birthday. His final remarks before passing away are revealed by his wife.