Man Who Put a Non-Functioning Vape in 7-Month-Old’s Mouth May Face Upto 20 Years in Prison

A guy who inserted an e-cigarette in the mouth of a baby for a social media video may face up to 20 years in prison. On August 8, officers in Johor, Malaysia, seized the unidentified 23-year-old after the video went viral and the baby’s mother filed a complaint.

According to North Johor Baru district police chief Rupiah Abd Wahid, the child belonged to the accused’s friend’s sister, reported Lad Bible. The guy reportedly placed the apparently non-functioning vape in the mouth of the seven-month-old when the mom and her sister were inside a restaurant in Bandar Baru Uda.

Rupiah stated that the man holding the infant had suddenly and humorously put the non-functioning e-cigarette into the baby’s mouth. This was captured by the mother’s sister and shared on social media, where it quickly went viral. In the video, the person can be seen placing the vape in the baby’s mouth and then taking it out to make it look as though the kid is smoking.

The commander went on to say that on August 6th, after the video became viral, the mom reported the incident to police, and shortly after an investigation was launched, police apprehended the accused. As per Rupiah, the accused is currently in police custody, and investigators have begun an investigation under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act of 2001, which carries a maximum term of 20 years in prison or an RM50,000 fine, or both, if proven guilty.

The event, as per Rupiah, should be a lesson to the public to use care when publishing on social media. On Twitter, individuals were outraged by the film, with many accusing those responsible of risking the child’s health.

“Apparently the baby’s mother was with them that night,” one individual who uploaded the video and told police of the incident commented. Why not put a halt to the man’s actions?” “We have a child,” another individual said. My husband’s first change was to stop smoking… Please, parents, do not be dumb. It’s too bad for the baby.”

According to a third user, “Do you know what’s inside if the baby didn’t suck on the vape? If you use the pod/vape, do not share it with anybody else. Do you know how many germs it contains?”

Section 31(1) of Malaysia’s Kid Act of 2001 clearly covers carelessness and putting a kid at danger in order to injure them physically or mentally (a). Because nicotine, which irreversibly affects a baby’s developing brain, is found in the bulk of electronic cigarettes and vape devices, vaping is dangerous for children, especially infants. The chemicals, flavors, and other additions included in vaping liquids are not safe for a baby to consume.

Share this with your friends by clicking below!

‘I’m sick of people giving my kids junk for gifts – I want cash instead’

105-year-old Gussie celebrates her birthday by dancing up a storm along with her family