Couple Noticed Their Feet After Normal Walk On Beach, Doctors Refused To Help.

Eddie Zytner and Katie Stephens planned a romantic vacation to the Dominican Republic, but they had no idea a trip to “somewhere tropical” would leave them in misery. They had no notion that strolling barefoot on the beach was putting them in danger. When they came home, they saw firsthand how awful the beaches can be.

We’ve all heard innumerable goosebumps-inducing tales of individuals returning from vacation with odd and awful diseases, but we never believe it’ll happen to us. When Eddie and Katie were afflicted with “incredibly itchy” feet, they immediately realized that this was no ordinary itch. To their surprise, it was a full-fledged infestation. It may seem like an urban legend, but as the images show, it is all too true. Unfortunately, their problems were only getting started.

Katie Stephens, 22, returned to Canada after a vacation to Punta Cana with her 25-year-old boyfriend Eddie. This is when her horror started. She turned to Facebook to warn others, posting some frightening images that are difficult to look at if you are even the slightest bit sensitive. Katie swiftly reminded anybody traveling “somewhere tropical” to be cautious when in the sand and recommended they “wear shoes!”

She didn’t spend any time getting to the point. She said that her boyfriend and she recently returned from Punta Cana only to find out that they both have larva migrans, or worms, in their feet. If one’s feet become extremely itchy, please get them examined immediately because they assumed it was just bug bites and it got worse as the day went on.

To anybody travelling somewhere tropical, please be careful when in the sand and wear shoes! My boyfriend and I recently…

Posted by Katie Stephens on Tuesday, 23 January 2018

Nematode parasites of the tiny hookworm family are responsible for the skin condition known as cutaneous larva migrans (CLM). According to Medscape, the parasites enter the skin, causing CLM, the most common tropically acquired dermatosis.

Hookworms are most often found in tropical and subtropical habitats, as well as the southern United States; however, they are no longer limited to these regions due to worldwide movement. The worms may be contracted when strolling on warm, damp sand, where they can penetrate the skin.

Itching is one of the first signs. Although Eddie and Katie originally blamed the annoyance on insect bites, the discomfort worsened. It finally erupted into a much more serious condition after a few days. The pair immediately observed significant swelling, rashes, and blisters on their feet. But this was just the start of their horror.

The couple went to the hospital and saw three separate physicians before being appropriately diagnosed and offered a course of therapy. The doctor who eventually diagnosed the pair had lately seen a similar instance involving another overseas traveler. Their worries, however, were far from over.

Eddie expressed that he told Katie he felt like has dozens of worms in his feet. It’s kind of disgusting to think about. It’s very disgusting. It’s something living in one’s body that shouldn’t be there. Making things worse, even if correctly diagnosed, would make receiving therapy difficult.

To top it all off, Health Canada denied their request to receive the medicine (ivermectin) they required to treat their infection, and they were forced to get medicine from the United States, Katie stated. Eddie’s mother allegedly went to America to fetch the pair the prescription they need, prompting Katie to quip, “Thank you Canada for your lovely healthcare you provide for us!”

Individuals should wear shoes while walking on the beach, according to Daniel Caplivski, MD, associate professor of infectious diseases at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The sand between one’s toes may feel good, but the parasite infection that might develop is not. Furthermore, while the couple healed, they were compelled to wear crutches, which added additional severe annoyance to the barefoot stroll on the beach.

Although the photographs are unsettling to look at, the pair posted them on social media to inform the public and raise awareness of the danger of parasite illnesses when travelling. They also hope that the article will help others recognise the signs early on so that if they ever experience the same situation, they will know to act quickly and seek medical assistance. Perhaps the country they live in will not refuse them access to the medicine.

    Share this with your friends by clicking below!

    Cher Celebrates 77th Birthday & Asks Fans A Question No One Expected.

    Bruce Willis’ Wife Gets Emotional Sharing How Daughter, Nine, Helps Care For Her Dad.