A 2-year-old kid died one week after being infected with Naegleria fowleri, also known as the brain-eating amoeba. The child contracted the unusual virus while swimming at Ash Springs, Nevada.
“Woodrow Turner Bundy returned victoriously to our father in heaven at 2:56 am. He fought 7 days,” his mother, Briana Bundy, posted on Facebook. “I knew I had the strongest son in the world. He is my hero and I will forever be grateful to God for giving me the goodest baby boy on earth, and I am grateful to know I will have that boy in heaven someday.”
Update from Woodrow’s mom – Woodrow Turner Bundy returned victoriously to our father in heaven at 2:56 am. He fought 7…Posted by Rainbows for Raynie on Tuesday, 18 July 2023
According to family acquaintances, Woodrow began having “flu-like symptoms” last week, prompting his parents to take him to the hospital. Doctors first suspected meningitis and started therapy. The toddler’s symptoms, nevertheless, were eventually discovered to be the consequence of a brain-eating amoeba.
Woodrow died of the virus on Wednesday morning.
Briana wrote that she is so proud of the spirit Woodrow is. He took life so seriously. He never squandered an opportunity. He found delight in everything. In all of God’s creations, he discovered beauty, adventure, and love. His zest for life was unparalleled. She has never seen such delight and aggressiveness in conveying love as he did.
She continued that although she is heartbroken, she understands that it is just her selfishness as his mother. He left his imprint She’ll see her boy soon enough, and it will be even more sweet and tearful than letting him progress to eternity.
Friends of the Bundy family have subsequently set up a GoFundMe campaign to aid with medical and burial expenses.
Naegleria fowleri, often known as the brain-eating amoeba, is a single-celled living organism that may cause primary amebic meningoencephalitis (PAM), a rare and nearly always deadly infection of the brain. According to CDC research, just four people in the United States out of 151 survived the virus from 1962 to 2020.
The most typical habitat for brain-eating amoebas is warm fresh water, such as lakes, rivers, and hot springs. It may even thrive in poorly maintained or low-chlorinated swimming pools by feeding on bacteria.
According to the CDC, signs of brain-eating amoeba usually appear one to nine days after nasal contact, and many patients die within 18 days. Severe headaches, fever, nausea, and vomiting are common in the first stage, whereas stiff necks, seizures, altered mental states, hallucinations, and comas are common in the second. Due to the disease’s rapid progression, the amoeba-caused infection, PAM, eventually becomes difficult to diagnose. Usually, a postmortem diagnosis is established.
Despite the fact that infection is uncommon (fewer than 8 infections per year), there is presently no technique to limit the quantity of amoebas in water. The CDC notes on its website that it’s unclear how a standard might be set to protect human health and how public health officials would measure and enforce such a standard.
The only certain approach to preventing brain-eating amoeba infections is to avoid water-related activities in warm freshwater. “Anyone who enjoys time in a body of water should cover their nose or use nose clips,” Mirna Chamorro, a spokesman for the Florida Department of Health in Orange County, previously stated. “As long as they don’t submerge their heads, they’ll be fine.”
- Will Smith Revels in Jada Pinkett Smith’s Bestselling Book: ‘Congrats, Mama!’Will Smith is pleased with his wife Jada Pinkett Smith’s […] More
- Paris Hilton Opens Up About Her Emotional Distress Following Hurtful Comments Regarding Her Son’s HeadParis Hilton has expressed her sadness regarding the response to […] More
- Will Smith describes his marriage to Jada as a “sloppy public experiment in unconditional love” during a book talkWill Smith made a public appearance alongside his wife, Jada […] More